©Emory University. Permission is granted to download, transmit, or otherwise reproduce, distribute or display the contributions to the work claimed by Emory University for non-profit educational purposes, provided this header is included in its entirety. For inquiries about commercial uses, contact either: Institute for Jewish Studies, Emory University, Atlanta GA 30322 or the Lewis H. Beck Center for Electronic Collections and Services, Woodruff Library, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 303222003 http://pid.emory.edu/ark:/25593/13nz2
Trial transcripts, expert witness documents and other material used in Irving vs. Penguin Books and Deborah Lipstadt have been encoded in XML using the TEI Guidelines, and made available for scholarly research and educational purposes.
Obvious errors in spelling or punctuation have not been corrected in any way.
All "smart" quotes have been silently replaced with straight quotes. Block quotes are marked with q or quote elements
The canonical source document is the trial document. In some cases material was added or deleted from the versions of the documents that became the html version, and in other cases, authorial changes were made to the trial documents. These sections are noted with add or addSpan elements for additions or del or delSpan elements for deletions.
- Collection: Trial Documents
- subset: Defense Documents
- object: Expert Witness document
- Irving, David John Cawdell, 1938- --Trials, litigation, etc.
- Lipstadt, Deborah E.--Trials, litigation, etc.
- Penguin (Firm)--Trials, litigation, etc.
- Trials (Libel)--England--London.
- Holocaust denial literature--Great Britain.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945)--Historiography.