éEmory University. Permission is granted to download, transmit, or otherwise reproduce, distribute or display the contributions to the work claimed by Emory University for non-profit educational purposes, provided this header is included in its entirety. For inquiries about commercial uses, contact either: Institute for Jewish Studies, Emory University, Atlanta GA 30322 or the Lewis H. Beck Center for Electronic Collections and Services, Woodruff Library, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 303222007 http://pid.emory.edu/ark:/25593/13ms8
CLAIM: No order signed by Adolf Hitler authorizing the 'Final Solution' has ever been found. Since Hitler as supreme ruler signed other orders, the absence of a "Holocaust" order proves that it never happened.
RESPONSE: Although it is true that no document signed by Hitler authorizing the entire murderous campaign we call the Holocaust has been found, historians point to the convergence of evidence from all levels of the Nazi hierarchy that demonstrate Hitler's complicity in every facet of this murderous undertaking.
Trial transcripts, expert witness documents and other material used in Irving vs. Penguin Books and Deborah Lipstadt have been encoded in XML using the TEI Guidelines, and made available for scholarly research and educational purposes.
- Collection: Learning Tools
- subset: Myth/Fact Sheets
- object: Auschwitz/Gas Chambers
- Hitler Order
- Weir, John
- Final Solution
- Lipstadt, Deborah E.
- Himmler, Heinrich, 1900-1945.
- Höss, Rudolf, 1900-1947.
- Heydrich, Reinhard, 1904-1942.
- Hitler, Adolf, 1889-1945.
- Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiter-Partei. Einsatzgruppen des Sicherheitsdienstes und der Sicherheitspolizei.
- Committee for Open Debate on the Holocaust.
- Irving, David John Cawdell, 1938-.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945).
- Longerich, Peter.
- Browning, Christopher R.
- Aktion T4 (Germany).
- Eichmann, Adolf, 1906-1962.
Dan Leshem encoder, Beck Center staff